- Turkey Trot fun 5k through downtown. Run begins @ 8:30 am. Register at https://www.hendersonvillenc.gov/seventh-annual-turkey-trot
- Holiday Street Lighting, Sing-Along and Santa Watch at the Historic Courthouse and the Downtown district. Live music starts at 5:00 at the Courthouse as we wait for Santa to arrive. Lights on at dusk. Santa visits and Carriage rides until 8:00, weather permitting. Many Merchants open late.
- Christmas Music at Mike’s On Main 303 N Main St 6:00 – 7:00 pm Enjoy the Hendersonville tradition at Mike’s On Main of your Christmas favorites sung by Blissing, an a capella trio.
- Peppermint the Bear Scavenger HuntPeppermint Bear will take you on a fun-filled bear hunt through downtown Hendersonville looking for her cubs. As you search for the cubs, visit at least 12 of the 22 downtown participating businesses to be eligible for prizes. Complete the entry form in the brochure and drop it in Peppermint’s mailbox, located in front of the Visitor Center, by December 23rd. For more details about the Scavenger Hunt, stop by the Visitor Center at 201 South Main Street.
- Small Business Saturday. Support small, local businesses and get all your holiday shopping done!
- Beautiful Holiday lights make downtown the ideal shopping location to get you in a festive mood.
- Merchants all over downtown are competing for the honor of the best holiday window displays and lighting. More than 60 participated in 2018. Winners will be selected on December 14.
- Hot Mulled Cider at Mast General Store daily 11:00 am – 5:00 pm Warm up your holidays with a cup of free hot mulled cider as you shop at Mast General Store every Friday and Saturday from 11am-5pm. Mast is open until 8 PM every Friday and Saturday.
A Peek in Santa’s Sweet Shop Beginning November 29, at 10:00 am – 5:00 pm Center for Art and Inspiration, 125 South Main Street. Experience the lights & grandeur of Santa’s sweet shop with a festive stroll through the lit-up lobby of The Center for Art & Inspiration!
- Polar Express Reading – After the parade at the Historic Train Depot on Maple Street. Visits with Santa, hot drinks and train displays. Free.
- Olde Fashioned Hendersonville Christmas 5 pm – 8 pm The Downtown merchants open their doors and invite holiday shoppers in with festive window displays, decorations, caroling, music, and refreshments. 828-697-2232.
- Four Seasons Hospice 28th Annual Tree of Lights and Luminaries – hot cider, cookies, and heartwarming music fill the air as departed loved ones are remembered through the Tree of Lights and Luminary Memorial Ceremony. The ceremony will take place at First Citizens Bank (the corner of 6th and Main Streets), and then the Tree of Lights will be moved to and remain on display at the Hospice Home Store (215 North Main Street) through the holidays. 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
- Hendersonville Christmas Parade – at 10:30 am A traditional hometown Christmas parade travels along Main Street from Five Points to Caswell Street. Sponsored by the Hendersonville Merchants & Business Association. Visit the Hendersonville Merchants & Business Association or call (828) 692-4179
- Downtown Luminary Night Beautifully lit paths via luminaries will lead you to downtown shops open late and offering specials, activities, snacks, and refreshments.
December 18 to January 1
- Iceless Skating Rink
Enjoy ice-skating in Downtown Hendersonville this holiday season at the Visitor Center on South Main Street. The new surface is faster and makes for easier gliding. A curling lane is also available. Play a variety of free games while you wait for your turn on the ice. Skate rental included in the admission price. Weather permitting. Fundraiser for the Henderson County America in Bloom Program. To learn more go to Henderson County America in Bloom
December 20 – 22
- Main Street Holiday Hayrides 5:00 – 8:00 Take a magical hayride through Historic Downtown Hendersonville among its twinkling lights and festive decorations. Board the tractor-drawn wagon ride at the Visitor Center, located at 201 South Main Street. Reservations are not accepted, first-come, first-served basis. Free @Visitor Center – 201 South Main Street
- New Year’s Eve Apple Rise – 3rd Annual New Year’s Eve celebration at the Historic Courthouse includes family celebration at 6 PM featuring a Greenwich Mean Time countdown to midnight London time at 7 PM and the Apple Rise ceremonies @ 11 PM – noisemakers, glow sticks and hot beverages will be given out while supplies last at both times – DJ plays top hits of 2018 as you celebrate the New Year – warming stations, corn-hole, and giant Jenga games. Free@ 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm For more info call: 828-697-4884.